SENDIASS – to describe their services and how to access them.
September 30 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Parents’ Breakfast *
*Creche is available for this course.
Date: Monday 30 September
Venue: Thorpe Room, Garston Fire Station
Special Education Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) SENDIASS provide impartial and confidential information, advice and support to parents and carers of children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), and young people aged 0-25 years of age.
They provide help with:
• SEND policy and practice, including law, rights and inclusion
• Attending meetings or visits when appropriate.
• Although current funding arrangements for Independent Support has changed, Hertfordshire SENDIASS staff are trained in: Independent Support by the Council for Disabled Children and legally trained by IPSEA (Independent Parental Special Education · Advice).
This means they will continue to support parents and young people through the Education, Health and Care (EHC) processes as well as the services listed above.
• What services are available locally
• Personalisation and personal budgets · Legislation on SEND
• Ways to resolve a disagreement or make a complaint, including mediation
• Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment and appeals
• Transport · Social care
• Post 16 and work experience
Parents are invited to submit specific questions they would like covered beforehand to [email protected] by Monday 16th September.