Complete Guide to Obtaining a Good Quality EHCP with Lisa Thomas (Playskill Parent Support Worker)
February 2 @ 12:30 pm - 5:00 pm
In depth section-by-section guide to the complete EHC Plans. Looking at content and considering process.
This EHCP workshop aims to build understanding of the purpose of EHC plans (better outcomes for children), the process of planning and what makes a good quality and useful plan.
Refreshments, resources and handouts included
Venue: Dance Studio 524 at Lemarie centre
12.30-1.30 Part A: Getting started
- When to apply
- How to apply
- Preparing for assessment
- Unsuccessful applications
2.15 – 5.00 Part B: Getting it right
- Legal framework, myths v facts
- The process and working in partnership
- A thorough assessment
- A-K of EHCP – a section by section guide
- Personalisation: Aspirations, outcomes, provision
- SMART & Specific fit for purpose plans
- Resources and examples
- Enforcement: specificity, assessment, time limits and school consultation.
- Tips on checking plans and further help
- Herts experiences